Brotli, is an open-source compression algorithm announced by Google in September 2015 and it is designed to provide users with high-speed internet. The open-source algorithm of Brotli can compress data 20% or 25% more compared to file compression and opening algorithm of Gzip. In terms of raw data, the ratio can reach up to 70%.
In this way, your web site opens faster and the traffic load is balanced. Consequently, your web site can be accessed faster thanks to less data transfer.
- As well as speed, less data consumption brings satisfaction to the end-user particularly because of the consumption quotas on mobile services.
- Especially on mobile devices, files compressed with Brotli will tire the processor less and thus, have a positive effect on battery levels and speed performance of these devices.
- Mediatriple CDN can get integrated with Brotli feature to accelerate the page opening speeds.
HOW DOES BROTLI WORK?
- A user accesses a web site or web application running on a server that supports Brotli.
- The browser informs the server about the type of content it will open with Accept-Encoding header.
- Based on the requesting compression algorithms, the server determines which type of compressed content to deliver.
- The server then, sends the browser Content-coding header specifying the method used.
- The browser opens the data first, then displays it on the page.
As a result, Brotli remains as a server plugin for the individuals and businesses managing their own servers, for web co-location providers and content delivery networks (CDN). Supporting this new compression algorithm will not only reduce the bandwidth costs of the customers of web co-location providers and CDNs, but will also accelerate the page loading time across the Web.
We can explain to you the benefits we provide for your bandwidth and we can accelerate your bandwidth with our solution offers.
|ACCELERATE MY INTERNET|